Saturday 19 July 2008

My diary back in Blighty 07

Continued from My diary back in Blighty 06

Saturday 19 July 2008 - I visited the flower festival. Mary standing inside the porch of Coney Weston Church...

Inside left...Look up and there's the NPP painting Flower Crazy produced at Mayadrom Sports Centre, Istanbul...
Walk back...


Back at the village hall, Rev. Messer and Kieran...

The scientist in blue shirt left side frame who looked at NPP 'alternative' News File and knew who Nikola Tesla was...

Dried venison courtesy Andy...

I'll finish this off later.

Sunday 20 July 2008 - Final day of exhibition. John Howe collects a foto-blok image WEMW: Istanbul London? Yeah!
Roy visited with his family. Here's his son with Albert Munroe...
John arrives to handle the camera and take footage...
2-4pm Rev. Messer supervised a charity car wash. A Union Jack was placed outside the village to alert people to location and activity...
Old Ray, Johnny, Michael and June...
Paul and the girls...
The sky over the village hall that evening...








Recommended sticker for the rear of vehicles: If you can see Einstein...you're driving too close.



Conclusions from the village hall experience - I've been to Samuel Ward Art & Technology College where I met the head of the art department; been to HMP Highpoint with a view to painting with prisoners in September; generated local media coverage; met Joolz who has offered to produce a working commercial website; opened the doors to the local public who appeared to enjoy my work. For sure, when some one sees the work and the exhibition, it is better than just a spoken pitch.

As for the Job Centre, oh dear, what a depressing experience. They have been offering me bar work and admin jobs. I asked about, for example, architecture work, since I have a BA (Hons) Arch, I was eventually told the Job Centre doesn't receive local architecture vacancies. I have followed all the interviews and options offered. At an interview for help with starting your business, I was informed one has to be unemployed for 18 months (1 and 1/2 years) before one is eligible for business start up financial assistance. To be unemployed in this area is an alarming experience unless you make your own contacts and create your own opportunities.

Go to Cornhill Walk 21.07.2008